- Guo-Brennan, M. & Guo-Brennan, L. (in progress). Global competency in higher education: Policy, programs and promising practices. Singapore: Springer Publishing.
- Guo-Brennan, L. & Guo-Brennan, M. (in preparation). Enhancing educational equity for immigrant and refugee youth through building welcoming schools and communities. In K. Arar, J.S. Brooks & I, Bogotch, (Eds.), Education and (Im)migration: Policy, Leadership and Praxis for a Changing World. Bingley, UK: Emerald Publishing Ltd.
- Guo-Brennan, M. (2016). Global agenda for crisis management. In A. Farazmand (Ed.), Global Encyclopedia of Pubic Administration, Public Policy, and Governance. doi:10.1007/978-3-319-31816-5_729-1.
- Brennan, M., & Koven, S. (2014). Hurricane Katrina: Preparedness, response and the politics-administration dichotomy in New Orleans emergency management. In A. Farazmand (Ed.), Crisis and Emergency Management: Theory and Practice (pp. 349-360). New York: Marcel Dekker, Inc.
- Brennan, M., & Koven, S. (2009). Hurricane Katrina: Preparedness, response and the politics administration dichotomy. In A. Farazmand (Ed.), Bureaucracy and Administration (pp. 253-268). Boca Raton, F: CRC Press Taylor and Francis Group.
Refereed Journal Articles
- Guo-Brennan, M. (2017, forthcoming). Civic engagement in developing inclusive policy for urban education reform. E-Journal of Public Affairs.
- Guo-Brennan, M. (2017, forthcoming). Civic capacity in building welcoming and inclusive communities for newcomers: An international perspective. Journal of Community Engagement and Scholarship.
- Guo-Brennan, M. & Guo-Brennan, L. (2017, forthcoming). Enhancing the civic capacity in building welcoming and inclusive communities for immigrants and refugees. Journal of Public Administration and Policy Research.
- Guo-Brennan, L., Francis, C., Townsend, E. & Guo-Brennan, M. (2016). Multi-stakeholder partnership in teacher education and development. Comparative and International Education, 45(3). Available at: http://ir.lib.uwo.ca/cie-eci/vol45/iss3/2/
- Koven, S. & Goetzke, F., Brennan, M. (2008). Profiling public affairs programs: The view from the top. Administration & Society, 40(7), 691-710.